are not considered as pretty as the beautiful, natural Western Red Cedar post caps but there are times these post caps may be the best choice for you. These post caps are impervious to insects and moisture and will not rot, split, twist or warp. They not only look and feel like white painted wood but also accept paint very easily for any custom coat you may want to apply.
These long lasting post caps are covered by a 25 year warranty on all of the material defects above. They come in six great styles and three different sizes to fit your normal sized posts. Make sure you choose the correct size for your post.
- Impervious to insects and moisture
- Will not rot, split, twist or warp
- Looks and feels like white painted wood
- Accepts paint easily for a custom color
- 25 year warranty on material defects mentioned above
The Azek Island Post Cap
is a fine way to top your wooden fence posts or arbor posts. Durable, paintable and stylish, Azek post caps represent the economical choice when building a beautiful garden fence.
AZEK composite material does not require paint for protection, but accepts and holds paint very well.
- Use a 100% acrylic latex paint with a Light Reflective Value (LRV) of 55 or higher
- For darker colors (LRV of 54 or lower), paints specifically designed for such applications must be used, such as Sherwin-Williams VinylSafe™ coatings
- Follow the paint manufacturer’s recommendations to apply
- AZEK surfaces must be clean, dry, and void of any foreign material such as dirt, oil, grease or other contaminates that may come from normal handling, storage and/or installation prior to painting.
- Moisture cycling is a main reason for paint failure on wood. Since AZEK material absorbs no moisture, paints last longer on AZEK products than it does on wood
- Since AZEK products have almost no moisture absorption, paints may take longer to cure on AZEK material than on wood. Generally paints on AZEK products will be dry to the touch quickly, but may take up to 30 days to fully cure depending on the humidity and temperature
If you choose, you may purchse AZEK Adhesive at your local hardware store. AZEK Adhesive has a working time of 10 minutes and will be fully cured in 24 hours.
- If standard pvc cements are used, these products typically cure quickly which will result in limited working time and may reduce adhesive strength
- For best results, surfaces to be glued should be smooth, clean and in complete contact with each other
- To bond AZEK material to other substrates, various adhesives may be used - consult adhesive manufacturer to determine suitability
For best results, use fasteners designed for wood trim and wood siding.
- These fasteners have a thinner shank, blunt point, and full round head
- To take advantage of the performance of AZEK products, use a highly durable fastener such as stainless steel
- Staples, small brads, and wire nails must not be used
- The fasteners should be long enough to penetrate the solid wood substrate a minimum of 1-1/2"
- Standard nail guns work well with AZEK trim products
- AZEK products should be fastened into a flat, solid substrate - fastening AZEK material into hollow or uneven areas must be avoided
- Pre-drilling is typically not required unless a large fastener is used or product is installed in low temperatures